Synactive Launches Templates for Smart Phones and Tablets
GuiXT for Mobile templates enable organizations to further leverage SAP® ERP applications on mobile devices
Foster City, CA. – January 31, 2012 – Synactive, Inc. (www.guixt.com), leading developer of optimization and user-enablement solutions for use with SAP® solutions, today announced the general availability of GuiXT for Mobile pre-built templates which provide online, real-time access to SAP® applications from smart phones and tablets. Synactive's pre-built templates provide secure, flexible mobile frameworks that enable users to do business anywhere, and more efficiently.
“Mobile applications optimize line-of-business processes, such as sales forces, field service, manufacturing, operations, and logistics,” said William Clark, Research Vice President, Gartner.
Using an iPad®, iPhone®, BlackBerry®, or Android, GuiXT for Mobile enables a direct connection to SAP ERP applications. Centrally deployed and script-driven, GuiXT eliminates the necessity to manage the application on each user’s mobile device, simplifying the deployment so organizations can focus on growing their business, while Synactive focuses on connectivity to SAP solutions.
"Central to our exclusive GuiXT WS offering is our ability to virtually connect users to SAP ERP wherever they happen to be," said Thomas Ewe, CEO, Synactive Inc. "Whether the user is on an iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android; a desktop; or on the Web, the user is directly represented within SAP ERP and therefore all system security features such as database locks, table locks, document locks, and business logic programmed into SAP ERP is extended without compromise to the workforce."
Synactive's GuiXT for Mobile templates accelerate the development and deployment of solutions that connect to SAP applications. Templates included in the release are:
Field Operations Template
Empowers field technicians by providing access to information they need while at a work site, allowing for better-informed and timely decisions while executing work assignments more efficiently.
- Notifications: Search, view, and then convert outstanding SAP ERP notifications to work orders. Filter by notification date, plant, work center, functional location, and priority. Integration with the client application means calls and emails associated with the notification can be sent directly from GuiXT. Adding additional text is easy using long text functionality.
- Work Orders: Filter work orders by period, created date, plant notification number, cost center, created by, work center, and order type. View and add operations. Integration with the client application means calls and emails associated with the work order can be sent directly from GuiXT. Includes view and add components, long text functionality, and release a work order.
- Equipment/Asset Lookup: Search for and view records of equipment and assets on your iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, or iPad. Users can also search by equipment details—maintenance plant, equipment, and description, by address, and by material. Equipment details (e.g., location, partners, and warranty) are also viewable.
Enables Purchasing Managers to review and approve Purchase Order detail. This reduces delays to the procurement process for critical jobs, or the approval for invoices to be issued, thereby improving business efficiencies and cash flow.
- Requisitions: Procurement template enables the user to view, release, and cancel purchase requisitions using their smart phone or tablet.
- Inventory Lookup: Filter inventory searches by material number, description, plant, material type, material group, and storage location.
Provides field resources with the tools to view or create sales orders while remote. Capability enables more face-to-face selling time, increase sales-close ratios, increase forecasting accuracy, and provide better customer service to clients. Having the right information when the user needs it improves profitability of the company and the performance of valuable sales resources.
- Create Sales Order: GuiXT enables a direct connection to an SAP database, which means the user can use the variant configuration capability in SAP solutions to include a material based on various characteristics. When the user changes the characteristics, based on the value selected, other values of the other characteristics will also change dynamically. Pricing uses the pricing and conditions feature in SAP solutions, which means final prices are determined based on specific variables (e.g., customer, product, quantity, and date).
- Change Sales Order: Using the change sales order feature, our order management template enables the user to delete the order and add additional material.
Enables remote employees to manage expenses from remote locations and devices integrated with SAP solutions.
- Trip Expenses: GuiXT enables managers to review expenses for a given employee's business trips. For example, managers can review employee expenses, view individual receipt data, and approve or deny employee expenses without stepping foot in the office.
About Synactive, Inc.
Synactive, Inc. enables clients to activate, accelerate and achieve significant business results setting the standard in end-to-end solutions for customizing SAP solutions. As an SAP software solution and technology partner in the SAP PartnerEdge™ program, GuiXT software comes pre-packaged with installations of the SAP GUI—4.6b to 7.0.
Synactive is a privately held software company headquartered in Foster City, Calif. with a presence in EMEA through Synactive GmbH. Synactive has established industry-specific alliances with leading organizations in aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer products, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, retail, technology, and utilities industries around the world. Please visit us at www.guixt.com for more information about GuiXT for Mobile or any of our other solutions.
SAP, PartnerEdge and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.